Monday, February 15, 2010

Psalm 27:1


So, I really just needed to get something off my chest. I am truly hurt. Like, I have never felt my heart actually feel any sort of pain like this before. It was so stomach wrenching, to hear these words come out of his mouth. Why does it have to come from someone that I love so dearly. Someone who I am so close to. Someone that means so much to me.


I gave [my brother] the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I wish I could explain how hard it was for me to even do that. It's crazy how much easier it is telling someone you don't know about Christ, and the word, but when it comes to telling someone you're close to, it feels impossible. "Fear of man". Exactly what I am trying to get over. So when the opportunity came up to talk about it, I just sucked it up, and went with it.


I told him that the only way to know God, is to read and study his word, and pray. If you don't read his word, you will not truly understand how God wants us to live this life here on earth. Reading his word can and will remind you of what is truly important, and help you let go of the worldly things that so often distract us from his glory. I told him about prophesies that were, and still are being fulfilled according to the bible.I told him about the day that Christian persecution would be real, and we would be killed if we don't deny Jesus' name. Its so crucial to believe the bible, in its entirety. You cannot just pick and choose things that make your life easier to live. Unfortunately that's is not how God wants things done.


My brother and I were raised Christian, and he has always believed in Jesus, and that He died on the cross for the sins of this world. What he so painfully forgets, is that there is a difference between believing in Jesus, and following Jesus. In order to understand, there has to be a change made in your heart, or else there is no salvation. What I heard from his lips was so painful to hear, that I almost couldn't keep from dropping to my knees and crying. I told him I would pray for God to change his heart, and that I loved him.




When you love someone, it is only natural to want them to do the right thing, so that you may spend eternity in heaven with them. So I did, the best way I knew how. Being a Christian is not about being comfortable. I really can't stand how the gospel is being preached now-a-days. "If you become a Christian, YOU GET THIS. If you become a Christian, YOU'LL GET THAT." That leads people to follow Jesus for the wrong reasons. The truth is, it should be; "EVEN IF this happens, you will still follow, and EVEN IF that happens, you must still follow." Being a follower of Jesus can get really uncomfortable, and really hard to talk about. In reality, we must continue to teach his word, even if it is uncomfortable, even if people hate us for it, even if all of our friends and family turn their backs on us (John 15:18). That shouldn't matter, because in the end, those who did, and those who lived righteously through the teachings of Christ will get a better reward than anything the things or people on this earth could ever offer. Our life on this earth is like a vapor. One day, we are all going to die, and we truly don't know when that's going to happen.


Think about this. When you are on your death bed, and you know that you will be leaving this earth very soon, what do you think will cross your mind during those last hours? Will you be thinking about how you forgot to wash your 20 inch rims yesterday like you were supposed to? Will you be thinking about when your next paycheck is coming, or how much money you have left in your bank account? I highly doubt it, and if you do, then I truly feel sorry for you, and will continue to pray that you might have a change of heart.

2 comments:

  1. i like this post :) it's nice to see other Christians believe the same thing I do, as a Mormon Christian (because really, if we believe in Christ, aren't we all Christians?) we follow Jesus because we WANT to. not because we're forced to or because it's expected of us but because we LOVE Him and know that it is only by Him and through Him that we can ever truly be happy in this life and the life to come.
    And the best part is that all of those promises are right there in the Bible if people would just take the time to READ it. thanks for this...shows that we're all a lot more alike in our beliefs than most people would want us to think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kayla. I just saw this comment and I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to reply to it. I know that you and I do not follow the same Christ. The same Jesus. The Mormon Jesus and the Bible Jesus are completely different and it saddens me. I love that you have love for the bible, but doesnt your religion believe that it is so full of errors, that one can barely understand it? I know a lot about the mormon church, and its history and it is not what you think it is made out to be. www.concernedchristians.com
    take a look and see what i mean. When we stand before God on judgment day, we will have NO excuse for the things we did in our life, and there will be no excuse for the followers of Joseph Smith. I pray that you will take a look and see what I mean. Please do. It will save your life.

    ReplyDelete